Multi Skills Entry 3
Start Date: 2nd September 2024
More about the course
For students interested in working in the construction industry, but do not know which trade area to specialise in, our Entry Level 3 qualification in Construction Skills is the perfect opportunity to develop practical skills needed by some employers in the industry, whilst giving you a taster of a variety of trades before choosing to progress into further learning in a specific trade.
- 3 Grades: 2-9 in Maths, English and 1 more
What will I achieve?
If you successfully complete this course, you will receive a Entry Level Extended Certificate in Construction Skills.
What will I learn?
- Introduction to health and safety in construction
- Introduction to the construction industry
- Constructing halving joints
- Constructing housing joints
- Constructing cavity walls in brickwork and block work
- Mixing and using concrete
- Bending and jointing copper pipes
- Working with low carbon steel pipes and fittings
What experience will I have?
- Additional Maths and English sessions
- Tutorial and personal development
- Independent study
- Work-related activities
How will I be assessed?
- Practical assessments
- End unit tests
Where can I progress?
- Further learning
- Training in the Construction sector
- Pre-Apprenticeship programme
- A traineeship
- Bricklaying Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 1
- Plumbing Level 1
If you are 16-18 years old, you do not have to pay course tuition fees*
If you are 19 or over, please speak with our Learner Services team to confirm the fee for this course. Course costs may be subject to change.
If you need information on any financial support that may be available to you with fees or study costs on this course, please contact Student Services who can offer advice and assistance on accessing any financial support that may be available.
*Exam and registration fees will be paid for by the college. This is subject to satisfactory attendance and course completion.