Carpentry and Joinery Level 2
Start Date: 2nd September 2024
More about the course
Working in the Carpentry and Joinery industry is an exciting and rewarding time, as you will gain skills that can be utilised in this growing industry. You will be working on real projects that you will make and install in the workshops. You also have the chance to gain work experience with local and regional employers.
Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools, prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools, produce woodworking joints, carry out first fix flooring and roofing, first fix frame partitions and stairs, second fixing operations, carpentry maintenance, set up and operate circular saw.
- Level 1 qualification in Carpentry and Joinery
What will I achieve?
If you successfully complete this course, you will receive a Level 2 qualification in Carpentry and Joinery, a Level 1 or 2 in Functional Skills or a GCSE in Maths and English.
What will I learn?
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Carry out first fix flooring and roofing
- Carry out first fix frame partitions and stairs
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out carpentry maintenance
- Set up and operate circular saw
What experience will I have?
- CSCS card for employment
- Live Projects, such as Build A House
- Community projects
- Industry experts who are passionate about their subject area
- Trips to industry and trade shows
- Skills competitions, including World Skills UK
- Links with employers, such as Croftland Building and McCrory Brickwork Ltd
- Progression to Apprenticeships
How am I assessed?
- Assessment is an online core unit examination
- Awarding body phase test
- Portfolio of knowledge
Where can I progress?
After successfully completing Level 2, students may wish to progress onto an Apprenticeship or full time employment.
If you are 16-18 years old, you do not have to pay course tuition fees*
If you are 19 or over, please speak to Learner Services to confirm the fee for this course. Course costs may be subject to change.
If you need information on any financial support that may be available to you with fees or study costs on this course, please contact Student Services who can offer advice and assistance on accessing any financial support that may be available.
*Exam and registration fees will be paid for by the college. This is subject to satisfactory attendance and course completion.