Understanding Autism Level 3
More about the course
The Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism is designed for learners who want to increase their knowledge and understanding of the condition and the challenges and strengths that autistic people may experience. You will learn about characteristics, diagnosis and how understanding and different theories surrounding autism have developed over time.
Within this qualification, the term autism is used as an umbrella term for all autistic spectrum conditions, including Asperger syndrome.
How often does this course run?
Start dates for this course are flexible and can be joined anytime throughout the year. Once you have made your application, one of our advisers will be in touch to discuss your preferred start date.
- A Level 2 certificate in Understanding Autism is a pre-requisite for this course
- A good level of English and Maths is required. For example, GCSEs at Grade A*-D (Grade 3-9)
- Equivalent at pass level
What will I achieve?
If you successful complete this course, you will receive a Level 3 certificate in Understanding Autism NCFE Cache
What will I learn?
- Autism in context
- Positive behavioural support for autistic individuals
- Support and management of transitions for autistic individuals
- Therapeutic interventions and support available for autistic individuals and co-occuring conditions
- Safeguarding and resilience in autism
How am I asssessed?
Where can I progress?
There are a number of related courses on our website and in our Distance Learning course guide
Course fees will be discussed at the initial information and guidance on enquiry. Most of our courses are funded, depending on the individual circumstances.