Public Services Level 2
Start Date: 2nd September 2024
More about the course
The Level 2 Public Service course is a dynamic course for students who want a career in public services, the legal profession, outdoor activities or fitness training.
The course helps to develop skills relevant to seeking employment in a range of public service organisations, outdoor activities, law or fitness training.
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 3-9, including English and/or Maths
What will I achieve?
If you successfully complete this course, you will receive a BTEC Level 2 Public Services, as well as Functional Skills/GCSEs in Maths or English.
What will I learn?
- The role and work of the Public Services
- Working skills in the Public Services
- Society, Citizenship and the Public Services
- Crime and the effects on society and individuals
- Working Skills in the Public Services
- Employment in the Public Services
- Improving health and fitness for entry to Public Services
- Crime and its effects on society and individuals
- Sport and recreation in the Public Services
- Land navigation by map and compass
- Communication and technology and the Public Services
How am I assessed?
- Assignment work
- Case studies
- Practical activities
Where can I progress?
Students may wish to progress to Level 3 Diplomas in Public Services, Sports or other relevant Level 3 Diploma courses are possible upon obtaining Merits or Distinctions on completion of this course.
If you are 16-18 years old, you do not have to pay course tuition fees*.
If you need information on any financial support that may be available to you with fees or study costs on this course, please contact Learner Services who can offer advice and assistance on accessing any financial support that may be available.
*Exam and registration fees will be paid by the college subject to satisfactory attendance and course completion.