An Introduction To Neuroscience In Early Years Level 2
More about the course
The thought provoking Introduction To Neuroscience course combines two highly topical themes within child development and early years provision - neuroscience and self-regulation. Neuroscience is an exciting field of research that has huge significance to anyone who supports babies or young children.
This course is designed to give students a gentle introduction to the subject and to share the remarkable insights it has provided us, in terms of how the infant brain develops and how this is affected by a range of external influences.
- 5 GCSEs (Grade A-C / 4-9)
What will I achieve?
If you successfully complete this course, you will receive a NCFE Cache qualification in An Introduction To Neuroscience In Early Years Level 2
What will I learn?
- Explore the topic of self-regulation in early years
- Learn the theory behind the science
- How to promote healthy brain development in the critical first seven years of life
- How to support children to develop those vital self-regulation skills
How am I assessed?
Where can I progress?
- Progression to a Level 3 course subject
- Gain employment as an Early Years Assistant
If you are 16-18 years old, you do not have to pay course tuition fees.
If you need information on any financial support that may be available to you with fees or study costs on this course, please contact Student Services who can offer advice and assistance on accessing any financial support that may be available.
*Exam and registration fees will be paid for by the college. This is subject to satisfactory attendance and course completion.