IT Operations Technicians
IT operations technicians are responsible for the day-to-day running of IT systems and networks including the preparation of back-up systems, and for performing regular checks to ensure the smooth functioning of such systems.
New workers start around £18,017. Normal pay is £30,389 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £48,110.
- Acts as a liaison between users, outside suppliers, and other technical teams.
- Performs server backup and recovery operations and restarts systems following outages.
- Identifies problems, agrees remedial action and undertakes emergency maintenance if required.
- Analyses systems and makes recommendations to improve performance.
- Schedules and performs system maintenance tasks, such as loading user applications, programs and data.
- Configures and sets up new server systems.
- Administers, monitors and supports internal/external networks, servers, email, database and security systems.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Learning
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Learning Strategies