IT engineers install, maintain and repair the physical components of computer systems and equipment.
New workers start around £17,424. Normal pay is £28,425 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £41,199.
- Maintains documentation to track and log work in progress and completed.
- Advises on and installs operating soft/firm ware and may carry out upgrades.
- Repairs or replaces defective components.
- Diagnoses hardware related faults.
- Installs, tests and maintains computer-related hardware (processors, memory chips, circuit boards, displays, sensors, data storage devices, printers, etc.) according to given specifications.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Learning
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
- Active Listening
- Learning Strategies