Information Technology and Telecommunications Directors
Job holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the work and resources necessary to provide and operate information technology and telecommunications services within an organisation.
New workers start around £9,953. Normal pay is £55,111 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £119,503.
- Ensures that new technologies are researched and evaluated in the light of the organisation.
- Prioritises and schedules major IT/telecommunications projects.
- Considers the required IT/telecommunications staffing levels, oversees recruitment and appointment of staff and directs training policy.
- Develops the periodic business plan and operational budget for IT/telecommunications to deliver agreed service levels.
- Directs the implementation within the organisation of IT/telecommunications strategy, infrastructure, procurement, procedures and standards.
- Develops in consultation with other senior management the IT/telecommunications strategy of the organisation.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Learning Strategies