Electrical and Electronics Technicians
Electrical and electronics technicians perform a variety of miscellaneous technical support functions to assist with the design, development, installation, operation and maintenance of electrical and electronic systems.
New workers start around £20,341. Normal pay is £32,927 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £54,365.
- Visits and advises clients on the use and servicing of electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
- Diagnoses and detects faults and implements procedures to maintain efficient operation of systems and equipment.
- Plans installation methods, checks completed installation for safety and controls or undertakes the initial running of the new electrical or electronic equipment or system.
- Sets up equipment, undertakes tests, takes readings, performs calculations and records and interprets data.
- Plans and prepares work and test schedules based on specifications and drawings.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Learning Strategies
- Active Listening