Plumbing Level 3
Start Date: 2nd September 2024
More about the course
A qualification in Plumbing will help you learn the trade and progress onto an NVQ. This qualification is intended for those wanting to gain the skills and knowledge that is necessary to enter the Plumbing industry.
The course is part of the standard Level 3 route to a career in Construction. Students will receive specialist training from industry experts and suppliers including Sentinel Products, Mira Showers, Myson, Salamander Pumps, McAlpine, Wavin, plus much more.
- Plumbing Studies Level 2 qualification
What will I achieve?
If you successful complete this course, you will receive a Level 3 qualification in Plumbing
What will I learn?
- Unit 201/501: Health and safety in building services engineering
- Unit 301: Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Unit 302: Plumbing system installation planning
- Unit 303/603: Complex cold water systems
- Unit 304/604: Domestic hot water
- Unit 305: Sanitation and drainage systems
- Unit 306/606: Central heating systems
- Unit 307: Domestic gas principles
- Unit 308: Career awareness in building services engineering.
What experience will I have?
- Specialist training from industry experts and suppliers including: Sentinel Products, Mira Showers, Myson, Salamander Pumps, McAlpine and Wavin
- Trips and visits the PHEX Manchester and Go-Karting
- Specialist equipment including hydraulic steel benders, gas torches, hand banding/copper bending machines and stimulated rooms for practical works
- Skills competitions, including World Skills UK
- Progression to Apprenticeships
How am I assessed?
- Online core unit examination
- Awarding body phase tests
- Portfolio of knowledge
Where can I progress?
- Self employment
- Foundation Degree in Construction
- BTEC Level 3 in Construction and the Built Environment
If you are 16-18 years old, you do not have to pay course tuition fees*.
If you need information on any financial support that may be available to you with fees or study costs on this course, please contact Learner Services who can offer advice and assistance on accessing any financial support that may be available.
*Exam and registration fees will be paid by the college subject to satisfactory attendance and course completion.